Marc is a highly motivated, pioneering, and authentic servant-based security and risk management leader with a proven track record over 25 years designing and implementing frictionless and holistic information security, security operations services, cyber risk management, operational risk, third party risk management, resiliency and crisis management, physical security/workplace violence prevention, governance, and regulatory compliance programs for global and national companies across diverse businesses and business lines including Citibank, Merrill Lynch, Internet Security Systems and Guardian Life Insurance Company. More recently, In partnership with Cybersix, LLC, Marc has been a highly sought executive consultant and advisor for several leading banks, manufacturing, retail and fin-tech companies seeking to benefit from Marc's experiences and value in building their risk management programs efficiently and effectively that align with company financial goals and customer service commitments. In addition to the business benefits these high quality programs have also enabled these companies to meet US and international regulatory obligations including GLBA, OCC, FRB, CFPB, FTC, FFIEC, PCI-DSS, SOX, USA-PATRIOT Act, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, state data protection/breach notification laws as well as industry standards including ISO/IEC, NIST, CIS, OWASP, ASIS, NERC-CIP, COBIT, AICPA-SOC2. As a result, key operational risks became well understood, managed and communicated clearly, concisely, and consistently to executive management and Boards of Directors.
Marc is commonly referred to by his peers as a mentor, trusted advisor, and pioneering team-focused leader with the ability to mobilize, motivate, mentor resources, lead high-performing teams, influence, builds productive relationships, and remain centered during crisis or overcoming obstacles and challenges. Marc has received numerous industry awards, published several commonly referenced white papers, holds certification in information security management (CISM) and a Bachelor's Degree with Cum Laude honors in Law.
Marc is also a distinguished contributor and recognized leader in the industry and has led various law enforcement/ government critical infrastructure protection information sharing partnerships including:
- Board Director of the Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC)
- Key founding member and liaison of the US Secret Service Electronic Crimes Task Force (ECTF)
Insurance Industry adoption of third party risk management based on OCC
2013-29 guidance and subsequently OCC 2017-7 guidance as FS-ISAC's
first Chairman of its Insurance Risk Council
- Authored the Nation's first Critical Incident Notification (CIN) Plan - Financial Services Sector (FS-ISAC)
- First elected Chairman of the FS-ISAC's Insurance Industry Risk Council
liaison with US Secret Service, DHS and FBI criminal investigations
division and counterterrorism public/private protection efforts
- Author of several published peer-reviewed white papers and presenter at numerous conferences on various topics including cyber risk management, convergence-based security risk management, third party risk management, operational risk, regulatory compliance, Privacy, security incident management ,and security architecture for online businesses.