is a highly motivated, pioneering, authentic, and inclusive risk management leader with a proven track record over 25 years leading the implementation of highly optimized, business aligned, frictionless, information & cyber security, operational risk, third party risk, business resiliency
and crisis management, physical security, governance, and regulatory compliance programs for global financial services and other critical infrastructure sector companies.
His authentic leadership and collaborative "team of teams" approach delivers practical, cost effective, tangible, sustainable business-aligned programs that are aligned with industry standards (e.g., ISO/IEC, NIST, CIS, OWASP, ISF, AICPA-SOC2, etc.). These successful programs are specifically designed to protect a company's financial strength, ensure alignment with business goals/objectives, meeting customer trust commitments, consistently meet rating agency and regulatory obligations including those promulgated under the OCC, FRB, GLBA, FFIEC, PCI-DSS, SOX, FTC, GDPR, CCPA . Marc currently is an executive leader at Citi serving as the Director and Global Head of Information Security for Citi's Institutional Clients Group - Treasury and Trade Solutions leading an exceptional global team of security and risk management professionals and leaders.
Marc is commonly referred to by his peers as a mentor, trusted advisor, and pioneering inclusive team-focused leader with the ability to mobilize, motivate, mentor resources, develops high-performing teams, breaks down silos, influences positive change, builds productive relationships, and remains centered during crisis situations demanding the ability to lead during uncertainty, obstacles and challenges. Marc has received numerous industry awards for his accomplishments and contributions to the industry, published several industry and peer reviewed white papers, holds Certification in Information Security Management (CISM) and a Bachelor's Degree with Cum Laude honors in Law.He is also a distinguished contributor and recognized leader in the industry and has led and/or contributed to various law enforcement/government critical infrastructure protection information sharing partnerships including:
- Board Director of the Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC) for maximum terms (voted each term by the industry)
- Key founding member and liaison of the US Secret Service Electronic Crimes Task Force (ECTF)
- Contributed to the first standards and regulations regarding Internet Banking security, safeguarding customer information, and led
Insurance Industry adoption of many security industry standards as FS-ISAC's
first Chairman of its Insurance Risk Council and member of several Insurance Industry Enterprise Risk Management committees (e.g., LOMA, ACLI, etc.)
- Authored the Nation's first Critical Incident Notification (CIN) Plan - Financial Services Sector (FS-ISAC) and led several cross functional cyber and physical security convergence efforts
liaison with US Secret Service, DHS and FBI criminal investigations
division and counterterrorism public/private protection efforts
- Author of several published peer-reviewed white papers and presenter at numerous conferences on various topics including cyber risk management, convergence-based security risk management, third party risk management, operational risk, regulatory compliance, Privacy, security incident management ,and security architecture for online businesses.