Marc is a highly motivated, pioneering, authentic, and inclusive risk management leader with a proven track record over 25 years designing and implementing highly optimized, business aligned, frictionless, and holistic information security, cyber risk management, operational risk, third party risk management, resiliency and crisis management, physical security/workplace violence prevention, governance, and regulatory compliance programs for global and national financial services companies. In addition to the business benefits these high quality programs also enabled these companies to meet US and international regulatory obligations including GLBA, OCC, FRB, CFPB, FTC, FFIEC, PCI-DSS, SOX, USA-PATRIOT Act, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, state data protection/breach notification laws as well as industry standards including ISO/IEC, NIST, CIS, OWASP, ISF, AICPA-SOC2. As a result, key operational and cyber risks are well understood, managed and communicated clearly, concisely, and consistently to executive management and Boards of Directors. Marc currently is an executive leader at Citi serving as the Director and Global Head of Information Security for Citi's Institutional Clients Group, Treasury and Trade Services Division leading an exceptional team of security and risk management professionals and leaders
Marc is commonly referred to by his peers as a mentor, trusted advisor, and pioneering inclusive team-focused leader with the ability to mobilize, motivate, mentor resources, lead high-performing teams, influence, builds productive relationships, and remain centered during crisis or overcoming obstacles and challenges. Marc has received numerous industry awards for his accomplishments and contributions to the industry, published several commonly referenced white papers, holds certification in information security management (CISM) and a Bachelor's Degree with Cum Laude honors in Law.
Marc is also a distinguished contributor and recognized leader in the industry and has led various law enforcement/ government critical infrastructure protection information sharing partnerships including:
- Board Director of the Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC)
- Key founding member and liaison of the US Secret Service Electronic Crimes Task Force (ECTF)
- Contributed to the first standards and regulations regarding Internet Banking security, safeguarding customer information, and led
Insurance Industry adoption of many security industry standards as FS-ISAC's
first Chairman of its Insurance Risk Council and member of several Insurance Industry Enterprise Risk Management committees (e.g., LOMA, ACLI, etc.)
- Authored the Nation's first Critical Incident Notification (CIN) Plan - Financial Services Sector (FS-ISAC) and led several cross functional cyber and physical security convergence efforts
liaison with US Secret Service, DHS and FBI criminal investigations
division and counterterrorism public/private protection efforts
- Author of several published peer-reviewed white papers and presenter at numerous conferences on various topics including cyber risk management, convergence-based security risk management, third party risk management, operational risk, regulatory compliance, Privacy, security incident management ,and security architecture for online businesses.