Leading, Transforming, Succeeding
"Enabling Companies to succeed in today’s digital economy through effective and frictionless Security, Digital Transformation, Operational Risk, Compliance, and Governance Programs”
A highly motivated, transformational, pioneering, and authentic servant-based leader with an proven track record designing and implementing frictionless technology, security, privacy, operational risk, third party risk, resiliency, incident management, and governance solutions for global and national companies across diverse businesses. These programs and solutions have all enabled companies to explore new business opportunities, cloud solutions, mitigate regulatory/audit findings, and minimizing risk while maximizing financial returns and company growth. Marc is commonly referred to by his peers as a mentor, trusted advisor, and pioneering servant-based team-focused leader with the ability to mobilize, motivate, mentor resources, lead high-performing teams, influence, builds productive relationships, and remain centered during crisis or overcoming obstacles and challenges.
With over his 25 plus years of leadership and experience, Marc has developed and led varied sized global and national programs for Fortune 500 companies including Citibank, Merrill Lynch, Internet Security Systems, and Guardian Life Insurance Company of America. More recently, Marc has been a highly sought consultant/contractor for several leading banks, manufacturing, retail and fintech companies seeking to meet their security and operational risk management goals, compliance with regulatory obligations including GLBA, OCC, FTC, FFIEC, PCI-DSS, SOX, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, state data protection/breach notification laws, etc. alignment/implementation of industry standards including ISO 27000 series, NIST, CIS, OWASP, AICPA/SOC2, and/or those seeking to pursue comprehensive digital transformation and technological advancements to maximize financial returns in today's digital economy via the benefits of the Cloud.
Marc is also a distinguished key contributor and leader in the industry as well as led various government critical infrastructure protection public/private information sharing partnerships including:
- Board Director of the Financial Services Information Sharing and Analysis Center (FS-ISAC)
- Key founding member and liaison of the US Secret Service Electronic Crimes Task Force (ECTF)
- Authored the Nation's first Critical Incident Notification (CIN) Plan for cyber incidents in the Financial Services Sector (FS-ISAC)
- First elected Chairman of the FS-ISAC's Insurance Industry Risk Council
- Primary liaison (FS-ISAC) with US Secret Service, DHS and FBI counter-terrorism and cyber warfare public/private sector protection efforts
- Author of several published peer-reviewed white papers and presenter at numerous conferences on various topics including cyber risk management, convergence-based security risk management, third party risk management, operational risk, regulatory compliance, Privacy, and incident management.
- Received several industry awards for various programs implemented
- Received certification in information security management (CISM)
- Holds a Bachelor of Arts degree with Cum-Laude honors in Law.
READ WHAT OUR OTHERS HAVE TO SAY
"Marc is an extremely knowledgeable, dedicated security professional. He is a well-known, highly respected and highly regarded member of the security community. Marc implements cost effective, risk based solutions that solve business problems; and, views security as a business risk management issue."
Steve Katz / World's First Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) and former CISO of Citibank, Merrill Lynch and currently Owner, Security Risk Solutions
See Stories about Steve at:
"Marc is truly a leader in his field. He spearheaded the development of a Third Party Risk Framework that not only incorporates security risk but all types of risk imposed by the use of 3rd parties. He has done the same by developing a proposed industry standard for an Operational Risk framework. His thought leadership has led to sharing and further developing these frameworks with industry colleagues so that we as an Life Insurance Industry can drive the architectural design of effective ERM in these important operational risk areas. I highly recommend Marc as a collaborator, thought leader, and strategist of risk."
Vicki Yamasaki / Chief Risk Officer, OneAmerica Financial & Chair of ACLI Insurance Industry Enterprise Risk Committee (Retired)